Built for and by creative entrepreneurs, Norby provides the widest range of tools, resources, and expertise to upskill digital marketing know-how, explore passions and achieve success - online and offline.
We’re a seed-stage startup, proudly backed by an incredible group of investors:
- Gradient Ventures – Gradient Ventures is Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- Crosslink Capital – Crosslink, founded in 1989, is a premier early-stage venture capital firm.
- Notation – The first dedicated “pre-seed” fund in NYC working with product-obsessed teams in the trenches on day 0:00.
- BBG Ventures – BBG Ventures is an early-stage fund backing big ideas that will reshape the way we live.
- Charge VC – A bespoke pre-seed venture capital firm in Brooklyn, NY.
- Bungalow Capital – A pre-seed venture fund, focused on identifying software that enables new paths to income for individuals.
About the Project
We're looking for a PR guru that is passionate about the future of creative entrepreneurship, work, technology, and amplifying creative talents! This would be a project-based gig to generate awareness for BIG brand news and launches (we'll share privately!) coming this Fall 2022, establish a meaningful narrative around Norby's team, customers, and product, and develop long-lasting relationships with aligned media contacts/ publications.
Collaborate with the Head of Marketing, Community & Partnerships, as well as the Co-Founders, to create and execute a comprehensive communications strategy that targets leading business & culture media platforms.
- Target outlets include: Forbes, The Business of Fashion, Fast Company, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Cut, Inc.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Development of press release/ pitching angles/ storytelling, with direction from Norby team
- Research and development of media target lists
- Conduct and manage media outreach and pitching, launch day communications
- Support coordination of any necessary meetings or interviews with team members or customers
- Ensure the highest quality coverage that reinforces Norby's core values, mission, and positioning
- Track and provide a post-mortem analysis of media coverage, with performance insights from Norby team
- 5+ years of experience as a marketing and communications professional (freelance or in-house)
- Proof of relationships with target media outlets // clippings of successfully secured coverage
- Knowledge of the creator economy and SaaS startup landscape