Learn more about our team, what we're building, and why or read on for more information about the role.
Who we are
We’re a seed-stage startup building tools for the next generation of creators, community builders, and emerging brands. Norby combines essential marketing and CRM tools like link-in-bio, SMS, newsletters, and events with powerful features like Omnichannel Inbox and cross-platform analytics. Our mission is to help creators reclaim their audience from social media platforms. We believe creators should own the relationship with their followers, and that extricating that relationship from social platforms creates better incentive structures and a more sustainable model for the creator economy.
We’re backed by top-tier investors like Crosslink Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI-focused venture fund), Bungalow Capital, BBG Ventures, Charge VC, and Notation.
About the role
Do you love growth hacking and performance marketing? Are you hungry to hit goals? Laser focused on customer acquisition, activation, and retention? As Norby’s Head of Growth, you’ll be a key member of our small but mighty team. You’ll use your tactical growth toolkit to help create repeatable, scalable processes that drive results across all marketing channels. You’ll work with our founders to develop KPIs and set monthly and quarterly goals. You’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and analyzing growth initiatives, working alongside both our internal team and external agency partners.
- Define short and long-term growth goals in partnership with leadership
- Design, execute, and optimize strategies for growing of top of funnel (referral, affiliate, email, DM, cold, paid, search etc)
- Ideate, experiment, and build out new user activations and funnels including cross-channel paid campaigns
- Manage outbound and paid marketing agencies
- Execute and quickly iterate on both paid and organic growth strategies across channels to meet ambitious goals
- Craft compelling marketing narratives and optimize messaging and positioning for each funnel
- Proactively identify and close gaps
- Optimize tools and build segmentation strategies based on accounts to prioritize.
- Marketing technology - Identifying and leveraging next-generation demand generation tools to advance our goals, including content marketing, inbound marketing, and paid acquisition
Data & Insights
- Develop a reporting framework to better understand user acquisition and retention including including in-depth analytics of LTV, ROI, and incrementality
- Compile learnings and reports for leadership and the broader team
- Marketing operations - Building and executing a scalable digital demand generation strategy that grows intent across the B2B funnel, including processes, database management, segmentation, and analytics
- 5+ years of professional experience in a growth, revenue, or operator role, ideally with 2+ years at a high-growth tech startup or DTC brand
- Experience setting up and managing a CRM (Hubspot preferred)
- Experience developing growth strategies and operating plans
- Experience using data sets and reporting tools to measure ROI and iterate on strategies
- A proven track record of leading successful growth outcomes working in a cross-functional team environment, as an independent contributor and/or with consultants
- Management experience and experience with building a team
Who you are
- You love designing and executing omnichannel performance marketing campaigns
- You are a self starter – eager to take initiative and get the job done
- You have a “Test & Learn” mindset, one that focuses on developing hypotheses based on insights, loves iterating experiments and learnings, and scaling up on what is successful.
- You’re looking for a fast-paced, seed-stage company and the opportunity to work directly with leadership, make a huge impact and build a team
- You’re a team player at heart and you bring a positive attitude to every interaction
- You vibe with creators, brands and community builders
- Competitive salary + equity compensation
- Healthcare with full medical, vision, and dental
- Co-working membership
- A laptop of your choice
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible remote policy (based in NYC)
- Charitable matching
- Norby gear :)